In today’s show Pete is joined by the co-author of Design Thinking for School Leaders; 5 Roles and Mindsets that Ignite Positive Change and the Principal and School Designer at Campbell School of Innovation in California - Kami Thordarson.
We explore what a ‘school of innovation’ is, how education is changing, the role teachers, students, and parents play in it, the challenges facing the leaders of tomorrow, and why new methods of teaching are so important, plus so much more...
- A new definition of innovation: creativity intertwined with critical thinking
- Failure agreements and how they create a positive impact on education
- Why public education needs to change
- The impact of the modern world on education and the learners of tomorrow
- Are we asking the right questions?
- The relevance of exams and testing in today’s school system
- What does it really mean to learn and how asking those questions leads to better education
- The 5 Roles and Mindsets that Ignite Positive Change
Tune in to hear more
Meet Kami Thordarson
Learn more about the Campbell School of Innovation